One With Salt

this is what happens when Sam hits the road!

Monday, August 28, 2006

so, I'm back . . .if you hadn't figured that out from the shot of the airplane wing . . . I was pretty impressed by the image quality of the pic taken with my camera phone. . . it's a pink Motorola Razr if anyone is interested . . I also noticed that not 100% of the texts/pics I sent actually made it to the blog so I will send those missing ones, and then also in the next week will post some of the images from my regular camera. . . .

So to summarize the route. . .

Sunday night . . .Silver City, NM. the Palace Hotel, est 1882
Monday night . . .El Paso, TX. Camino Real Paso del Norte Hotel, built in 1912, designed by Trost and Trost
Tuesday/ Wednesday night . . .Marfa, TX. El Paisano Hotel, built 1927, Henry Trost
Thursday night . . .Cloudcroft, NM, The Lodge, built 1909 (owned by Conrad Hilton in the 1930's)
Friday night . . . Carrizozo, NM. The Chapparal, built 1985???
Saturday night . . .Las Vegas, NM. The Plaza Hotel, circa 1882

never made it to the St James, Cimmaron . . .hopefully next time . . .

here's a story from the NYT that Doug F. sent me . . about film production in Marfa

and who knew that Cathy Horyn was a fan of West Texas ?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot about your three hours in the El Paso County Jail.

http://www.co.el-paso.tx.us/courthouse/default.htm

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home